Created by Dan, master food-waste chef at Kitche.
Rather than throwing away all the good flavour and fibre from pulp when I made my juices with the Organibox Juicing box, I started thinking of easy recipes to incorporate them into my favourite dishes. This is one of my favourites! It reminds me of my childhood a bit where my favourite burger from Burger King was the Bean Burger! I have also used this mix to make little veggie meatballs in the past as well. Lovely mixed through tomato sauce.
Makes x4-6 patties
- 1 cup leftover veg pulp
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (from your old stale bread)
- 2 cups black beans (or other beans)
- Salt & Pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl put in your pulp, breadcrumbs and drained beans.
- Dice up the onion, garlic and chilli nice and fine and place in the bowl with the oregano, cumin and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher combine all ingredients together until you get the smoothness you like. Personally, a few lumps are the best!
- Shape your burgers as big as you want. The mix should make 4-6 patties. Or roll them into little balls for snacks!
- Heat up some oil until slightly smoking and then fry until cooked through.
- Serve with all the usual burger accompaniments…and Enjoy!