Created by @tarasvegantreats
Thin, sweet crepes drenched in a steaming hot orange syrup & decorated with beautifully caramelised blood orange slices fresh from the oven.
Makes 4-6 crepes
- Thinly slice one orange & place into a baking tray
- Brush with 1 tablespoon golden syrup & bake for 10-12mins at 200c
- Whisk together flour, milk, sugar & vanilla until smooth. Mixture should be slightly runnier than a usual pancake batter
- Melt butter onto your pancake pan & circulate
- Ladle your batter on as thin as possible
- Flip after 30 seconds & allow other side to become golden
- Flip in half, then into a quarter & place onto your serving plate
- Repeat the process until your batter is finished
- Cut remaining orange in half & squeeze juice into a small saucepan [fleshy bits are great too!]
- Add butter, brown sugar, syrup & orange juice
- Bring to simmer on high heat for 5 minutes until all sugar has dissolved
- Pour hot syrup over crepes
- Decorate with sliced oranges & enjoy!